+++ Job position “Fundraiser” +++
Volunt2Thai Austria – “Association for the promotion of volunteer work” offering the position “Fundraiser” starting with 01. August 2018 or later (full-time, permanent)
'Fundraising is communication'
Volunt2Thai Austria (Volunt2Thai - Verein zur Förderung freiwilliger Arbeit) was established as a result of a project in Thailand in 2013 and is committed to helping underprivileged children around the world especially for their education.
Our aid project in Thailand has adopted 6 villages with 650 children, which are looked after by our volunteer village (campus & cultural center). The long-term goal is to equip the new generation with sufficient knowledge to escape the spiral of poverty and lead a self-determined life.
You communicate on different levels: with donors and supporters, with employees and partners. To find ways into the hearts and minds of the people and win them for our commitment to the children. You are looking forward to working in a team at our office in Vienna and Thailand and are willing to occasionally accompany our employees in projects worldwide.
• You will find donors and supporters, individuals, organizations and companies at home and abroad.
• You develop, develop and organize mailings and other printed matter.
• You develop, develop and organize fundraising campaigns.
• Creative Fundraising: New ideas are welcome and expected.
Donor bond and sense of trust:
• You take care of our donors - over the phone, in writing and in personal contact.
• You will meet our donors warmly and respectfully.
• You are responsible for the care of our donor database.
• You write contributions to our social media channels and our website.
• You organize information stands and look after our volunteers.
• You write articles, newsletters and other articles and network with your readers.
You have a university degree and have already worked in fundraising. You are used to taking responsibility in your position. You speak the English language in words and writing. Any further language is an advantage.
You are communicative and like dealing with people you are open and active to. The contact with people makes you happy. You have extensive knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office and have worked with databases. You work efficiently and reliably and enjoy the results of your work.
Applications in paper form may be requested separately.
Nepal/Thailand Foundation for Sustainable Technologies (FoST)
Presenting fuel efficient stove and briquette making from discarded materials (Recycling) The system has been deliberately designed to be simple and efficient, enabling anyone to prepare food with the simplest of resources. The components are made from discarded materials. The smoke is very little while the heat is very high.
On tuesday 27 we will hold a workshop with the students of Ban Nong Kung School, at V2T Campus
FoST was founded by Sanu Kaji Shrestha a retired official at the World Bank. One day, he found himself forced to take three days off from work to stand in long queues for fuel, and he realized the extent of Nepal’s dependence and started seriously researching ways to bring sustainable domestic sources of energy to his country. In 2001, Sanu Kaji and seven other people started building all together the first stones of Fost organization, and extensively traveled different parts of Europe and America accomplishing internships in renowned institutes involved in sustainable technologies.
FoST's missions are: (a) educating poor community in the developing countries on renewable and alternative energy sources and creating awareness on heat retaining for saving fuel, reducing sound pollution, minimizing kitchen timing and mitigating indoor air pollution through sustainable technologies, (b) creating awareness among housewives on the easy application of energy efficiency technologies when cooking food for the family, (c) utilizing free source of solar energy for cooking and water pasteurizing and also for space heating, (d) empowering women community through fuel briquette making process from the waste materials generated at the household level, agriculture, forestry, industry and business houses including schools, and (e) encouraging community to reuse their electronic and plastic wastes for producing a marketable items.
STEM Social Enterprise Learning (STEMSEL) based on Dr. Yunus work on social businesses
We Grow Inventors
STEMSEL stands for Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) and Social Enterprise Learning (SEL) and is based on the Australian ACARA (Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority) National Curriculum framework. We are experts in STEM inventions and programming or coding. Our aim is to empower people with STEM and Programming skills, especially in the developing countries. It was developed with an intention to understand and utilize electronics to its maximum potential and it benefits all.
Peng Choo is the Founder and Director of Stemsel Inventors Club @ eLabtronics Inc, Stemsel Inventors Club @ eLabtronics started when a Sudanese refugee was stabbed to death in downtown Adelaide. A STEM Robotic Programming Club was formed to help integrate the refugee youth into the community. This community project also provided the University international students an outlet to interact with the local community. From a tragic beginning the STEM Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project evolved to STEM Social Enterprise Learning (STEMSEL) based on Dr. Yunus work on social businesses.
To learn more visit: http://stemsel.com
Stemsel Foundation: http://www.foundation.stemsel.com
11.03.2018 STEMSEL Foundation Australia and Volunt2Thai Austria
STEMSEL Foundation Australia and Volunt2Thai Austria proudly announce mutural collabouration manifested with a
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Volunt2thai Österreich – Verein zur Förderung von Freiwilligenarbeit in Vienna, Austria (Wienerstr. 10/1/3, 2301 Groß-Enzersdorf, Austria) and STEMSEL Foundation (51 Byron Place, Adelaide 5000, South Australia), hereby agree to become “sister competence center” in order to develop friendship and cooperation between the organization Volunt2Thai and STEMSEL Foundation and schools/ educational institutions and promote mutual understanding and cultural awareness between Austria, Australia and the world and Thailand.
“SISTER COMPETENCE CENTER” PROGRAM GOALS
1) To develop Dr Yunus Young Ambassadors (DYYA) with support from Dr Yunus Community Ambassadors (DYCA) to implement Dr Yunus 3 Zeros i.e. zero unemployment, zero net carbon, zero poverty in schools according to school curriculum priorities and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) through a process of STEMSEL Invention for Social Good.
2) To develop STEMSEL Social Businesses which has no shares, no dividends but to make profit to provide scholarships for students in need.
3) To strengthen relationships, understanding and appreciation between people from all the world and STEMSEL Foundation.
4) Collaboration with V2T’s Campus, STEMSEL Foundation & Cultural Centre in Ban Nong Kung (Sister Competence Center, this includes all partner schools as member of the Sister Competence Center)
STEMSEL Foundation Inc.